|Infrastructure Assets Coordinator - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 25, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||18-U123 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 123,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. October 1, 2018 to approx. November 29, 2019) Infrastructure Assets Coordinator to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Engineering and Construction Services Department.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Asset Manager, you will primarily be responsible in this unionized position for implementing, maintaining, and coordinating infrastructure asset management systems; providing first-level response on system problems; researching and recommending new and updated software applications and modules; providing leadership and guidance in the development of business processes; overseeing system maintenance and reviewing proposed system design changes prior to authorization; delivering training; and developing and maintaining all system documentation. You will also be preparing and reviewing engineering studies and coordinating engineering projects.
Responsibilities may also include:
• Letter, memo, report, and technical writing; reviewing studies; and contract documents including RFPs and tenders;
• Working with other departments to ensure that the Township’s services and infrastructure are provided in a sustainable manner, with the appropriate levels of service to all users within the Township;
• Conducting infrastructure inspections and integrating the information collected into the Townships’ asset management software;
• Conducting field inspections, ensuring all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and regulations
• Review plans and working drawings, as well as work performed for conformance to project guidelines and established standards
Desirable education will include graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil and Structural Technology plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experienced professional in other fields, such as Finance, IT, or Geomatics will also be considered. Considerable knowledge of infrastructure assets system capabilities and applications, operational engineering functions, procedures, policies and regulations is necessary.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The rate of pay for this CUPE position is $37.23 - $43.95 per hour (5 steps, 2018 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, Tuesday, September 25, 2018
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 4, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 25, 2018 04:30 PM