|Property Agent 1
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 21, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2261 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Property Agent is a blend of office and field work pertaining to the acquisition and tenure of real property. In particular this includes, negotiation, review of civil engineering drawings, appraisal reports and the preparation of contracts, estate working knowledge of the expropriation act is expected.
||• You will lend your in-depth knowledge of principles and procedures of negotiation communications, acquisition, appraising, civil engineering and law related to the acquisition of interests in land for City of Surrey Capital Projects to a dedicated team of professionals.
• Using your customer relationship management and interpersonal skills you will negotiate the acquisition of land with property owners and/or representatives.
• You prescribe to highest ethical and professional standards pledging to conduct yourself in a manner that is not detrimental to the public nor the reputation of the City of Surrey. You are someone who sees the “Big Picture” and is strategic in aligning business practices to the overall direction of the organization.
• You feel comfortable in identifying problems, dedicated to seeking solutions and are an exceptional team player.
||• Completion of a two (2) year diploma in a related technology or discipline (e.g. Urban Land Economics)
• A minimum of three (3) years current related experience to land acquisition. Land acquisition for capital projects would be considered a strong asset.
• An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
• Be eligible for membership in the International Right of Way Association, the Appraisal Institute of Canada, or the Real Estate Institute of BC
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Progression to accomplishing the SR/WA designation is an asset.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
This job closes September 21, 2018
||August 29, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 21, 2018 04:30 PM