|Temporary Labourers - Engineering Operations
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 6, 2018
at 11:30 PM
||2434 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Do you enjoy working outdoors while serving the community? Are you looking to build on your knowledge, skills, and experience in underground utility construction? Do you want to be involved with highly motivated crews constructing new infrastructure to provide the community with the best built systems for years to come? This is a great opportunity that offers tremendous potential for growth and advancement. The City of Surrey is looking for reliable, motivated, and hardworking Labourers. We are recruiting for positions in the following area:
• Underground Utility Construction involving Water, Stormwater and Wastewater Infrastructure
• Assembling pipes, fittings and components and assisting with the proper installation of new underground utility infrastructure.
• Assisting crew members in performing their duties.
• Using a variety of hand and power tools.
• Completing heavy manual outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
The successful candidate will:
• Utilize utility construction experience, knowledge, skills and abilities to facilitate the installation of new underground infrastructure.
• Use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal tactfully with members of the public.
• Use critical thinking and judgement skills to problem solve a variety of issues in the field.
• Safely and effectively use hand tools, as you will work on a number of different projects and tasks.
• Work well in a collaborative team-based environment.
• Completed grade 12 or equivalent.
• Relevant experience and training.
• A valid Class 5 driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Experience performing general labour in a public works, maintenance and/or a construction environment is an asset.
• Courses and/or training in relation to public works (e.g. Municipal Plan Reading) is considered an asset.
||August 24, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 6, 2018 11:30 PM