||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 19, 2018
at 11:55 PM
||2422 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation, and Culture
||The City of Surrey is one of the largest and most diverse communities in Canada and we’re getting bigger. As we grow, so does our need for communications professionals to help us advance our marketing and communications for our growing City.
The Marketing & Web Division is looking for an outgoing, team player to create, update and streamline communications on multiple channels, including but not limited to web, social media, email newsletters and print.
||• Review City content strategies and modelling along with emerging technical requirements to ensure content is relevant, up-to-date and aligned with the City’s voice and tone.
• Plan, curate, and execute content in plain language on the City’s channels for various programs, services and key initiatives, with a particular focus on digital content.
• Coordinate with key staff across various units to support content execution, and support business needs based on prioritized content themes.
• Liaise with marketing and communications stakeholders to ensure continuity with broad based marketing, target audiences, and current and relevant messaging.
• Use analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of content.
• Support quality assurance for digital content and documents, including fixing broken links, ensuring content meets accessibility requirements, and optimizing search standard.
• Ensure adherence to communications guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Prepare digital content, support online engagement and web writing for external and internal audiences.
• Write in the digital space and excite and engage audiences, bring stories of life, and encourage users to share their stories.
• Interpret digital strategies and develop and maintain strong working relationships daily.
• Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Meet deadlines and adapt to change.
• Prioritize and organize the workload.
• Work independently within a team setting.
||• Completion of a diploma in a related field.
||• A minimum of 3 years’ relevant and related experience.
• Knowledge of communication principles, practices, methods and techniques.
• Demonstrate written communications abilities.
||Please apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||August 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 19, 2018 11:55 PM