|Land Development Inspector - Engineering Inspector 2
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 11, 2018
at 11:30 PM
||2402 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||As the eyes and ears of the Land Development Division, the Land Development inspector will be responsible for assisting Engineering Inspectors in the monitoring, inspection and administration of numerous Land Development projects under direction of a supervisor. The Engineering Inspector 2 ensures that Land Development related work is completed in accordance with City standards.
||As a Land Development Inspector you will:
• Monitor, inspect and administer Land Development projects to ensure that construction is performed to the City standards, policies, by-laws and the servicing agreement
• Prepare inspection reports and maintain records pertaining to the status of projects
• Monitor safety and traffic control on construction sites and ensure compliance with environmental regulations
• Witness and approve connections (sanitary, water, drainage) to the City infrastructure
• Maintain good public relations and ensure minimum inconvenience to the public
• Receive and address complaints and concerns of the public
• Review and recommend acceptance of asphalt, concrete and soils testing reports
• Review and approve the release of funds and letter of credit reductions
• Communicate with developers, consultants, contractors and agencies on the progress and quality of work
• Review as-built drawings for completeness and compliance with City standards.
• A Civil Engineering Technology diploma supplemented by 4+ years of related experience OR
• Eligibility for certification by ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC) as a Certified Public Works Inspector Level 2 (CPWI 2) OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A valid and unrestricted BC Driver’s license.
• This position involves completion of a Police Information Check.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||August 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 11, 2018 11:30 PM