|Planning Technician - Current Planning (Term - Up to 18 Months)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 20, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2415 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning & Development
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We are current hiring for a Planning Technician for an 18-month term assignment. This is a junior level technical planning position with opportunity for professional growth and a focus on Development Planning. You will process simple rezoning, subdivision and development applications and perform other varied duties in the Area Planning & Development Division and at the Front Counter.
||• Providing information services, including Zoning by-law and policy interpretation and advice related to planning and development issues.
• Communicating with the public, applicants, consultants, external agencies and departments and preparing reports and correspondence on development applications.
• Acting as a resource to Planning Operations Clerks in carrying out their duties and providing technical assistance in other planning matters including research, data collection and tabulation.
• Performing other related duties as required.
||• A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in planning, or geography, economics, commerce, political science or a related field from a recognized post-secondary educational institution.
• Previous work experience in the planning field.
• A Master’s Degree in planning is an asset.
• An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers.
• The ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Be proficient in a wide variety of relevant computer applications including Word and Outlook. Experience with AMANDA is an asset.
• A good base knowledge of planning principles, as well as the Local Government Act, Surrey by-laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards applicable to planning and development are required.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||August 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 20, 2018 04:30 PM