|Clerk 2 - Mail Room (Term)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 10, 2018
at 1:55 PM
||2409 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today. Legislative Services has an opportunity for the position of Clerk 2 in the Mail Room.
||- Ensure compliance with the City of Surrey office mail program.
- Sort, check, and maintain office mail such as files, reports, invoices, office supplies, field sheets’, cheques, bills, receipts and requisitions.
- Perform data collection and entry as well as preparing basic correspondence.
- Perform other related duties as required, including assisting in various records management projects.
- Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing Canada Post and inter-office mail for the City of Surrey.
- Prepare mail bundles for courier delivery to offsite offices, managing registered mail, managing newspaper distribution to departments, and operating the folder/inserter and postage machines.
- Record the daily number of incoming packages and shipments received.
||- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in word processing, office practices and PC office applications.
||- Have a minimum of one years' experience and training in an office environment.
- Have an accurate typing speed of 45 WPM.
- Have the ability to prioritize and process a large volume of work and meet tight deadlines.
- Have the capability to lift 25 - 30lbs and regularly transport mail bins.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as understand and effectively carry out oral and written instruction.
- Have basic knowledge of filing, indexing methods and record keeping, computer office applications and have good keyboard skills.
- Have good interpersonal and public relation skills as well as perform clerical tasks according to department rules and procedures.
- Have the ability to forge positive work relationships with staff from a range of departments.
||Apply online @ www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3T 1V8, Canada
||August 17, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 10, 2018 01:55 PM