|Senior Accounting Clerk (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
August 22, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-77 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Finance Department through reliable performance accounting functions and staff supervision as assigned, observing and complying with municipal policies, and statutory requirements ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
||The incumbent will perform a variety of clerical and accounting functions varying in degrees of complexity, including the reconcilliation of the City's bank accounts, reserve funds, and operating reserve accounts. The Senior Accounting Clerk will be required to have a sound understanding of account reconcilliation, general bookkeeping and year end processes.
The incumbent will be required to supervise staff as assigned; planning and assigning work and reviewing same to ensure accuracy.
The incumbent will be responsible for computer and accounting machines operations and providing assistance to other functions of the Finance Department as required; including providing assistance and information to the public, over the telephone and at the receptionist counter.
Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Manager of Accounting Services.
||Bookkeeping and commercial courses with formalized training, preferably to a certificate level, in payroll administration.
|| - Able to plan, direct and supervise work of subordinates;
- Good knowledge of the functions, practices and procedures, bylaws, policies and regulations pertaining to the operation of the Finance Department;
- Good knowledge of modern office practices and municipal accounting procedures and operations;
- Able to operate a variety of standard office equipment, accounting machines and computer terminals;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to perform mathematical and arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy;
- Able to perform tasks with minimal supervision;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of the staff;
The incumbent in this class will normally work the standard work week of Monday to Friday within the hours specified and on occasion work overtime as authorized. The incumbent, upon hiring, will have union dues deducted from source in accordance with the Collective Agreement. The incumbent will be responsible for performing tasks associated with Accounting Clerk "housekeeping" duties.
|| $28.11 - $33.07 per hour
||8550 Young Road
||August 15, 2018 08:30 AM
||August 22, 2018 04:30 PM