|Senior Land Development Inspector (Engineering Inspector 3)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 8, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2391 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are looking to add a customer-focused Engineering Inspector to our team of passionate and knowledgeable professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring, inspecting and administering numerous Land Development projects in a designated area of the City to ensure that Land Development related works are completed in accordance with City standards. You will also provide leadership, direction and guidance to field inspectors assigned to your area of responsibility.
||• Ensuring construction is performed to City standards, policies, by-laws and the servicing agreement
• Conducting pre-construction meetings with project inspectors, developers, contractors and consulting engineers
• Issuing permits related to land development projects
• Reviewing and approving releases of funds and reductions in letters of credit
• Maintaining good public relations and ensuring minimum inconvenience to the public by addressing complaints and concerns
• Reviewing as-constructed drawings for completeness and compliance with City standards
• Working and assisting with the preparation of work plans for project inspectors.
||• Completion of a two year program (Diploma) in Civil Engineering Technology, plus 8 years of related progressively responsible experience;
• Eligibility for certification by ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC) as a Certified Public Works Inspector Level 3 (CPWI 3) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A valid BC Driver’s License is required
||• The ability to establish productive relationships not only with your team, but also with the public, developers, consultants and contractors.
• Advanced problem solving skills to effect on-site resolution of construction related problems.
• Thorough understanding of the MMCD, City standards, bylaws, safety regulations and construction practices.
• This position involved completion of a Police Information Check.
||Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450- 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||August 13, 2018 08:30 AM
||September 8, 2018 04:30 PM