|Streets Operation Superintendent
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
August 10, 2018
at 11:55 PM
||2348 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
Reporting to the Streets Operation Managers, the Streets Operation Superintendent is a skilled supervisory office and field work position responsible for ensuring that functions of the section are operated, maintained and managed to the maximum effect and efficiency with the least disruption or inconvenience to the public.
||In this position, you will be responsible for:
• Recruitment, staff orientation, performance appraisals, labor relations issues, and developing work schedules.
• Assist with management and control of various financial management responsibilities such as budget development and ongoing administration, preparing financial reports, formulating annual programs and budgets, signing and issuing work orders.
• Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of confidential and long term planning affecting the Section programs and operations. You would determine the resources required, both internal and external to the division or department in an effort to fulfill approved programs and organize and mobilize these resources for the effective and efficient completion of such programs.
||To be considered for this role, you will have:
• Completion of Grade 12 or GED supplemented by related technical courses
• A diploma in a related technological discipline is considered an asset
• Considerable related experience in a supervisory capacity in a unionized environment
• Directly related and relevant experience to Roads and Drainage. Municipal experience is considered a strong asset
• An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
• Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record are required.
• The position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
||• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Strategic planning and organizational abilities are essential
• Strong knowledge of Roads and Drainage maintenance and operations
||Competitive Salary and Benefits
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 104th Avenue
||July 17, 2018 08:30 AM
||August 10, 2018 11:55 PM