||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
July 8, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-34 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Municipal Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Engineering and Municipal Operations Department, Public Works Division, seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety first attitude to join their team. The Driver/Swamper and Recycling Collector is responsible for the collection of residential solid waste, including recycling, garbage and organics, by operating a collection vehicle in a safe and efficient manner. The collection and disposal of solid waste materials is routine manual work involving considerable physical effort in all weather conditions. Other duties may be assigned by the division such as maintenance and construction duties, operating a variety of small equipment, performing inspections and performing routine equipment maintenance.
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by knowledge of the City’s solid waste, organics and recycling program and some related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Considerable experience or training and knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions applicable to the work;
• Ability to perform routine tasks without direct supervision;
• Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
• Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
• Ability to work outdoors in a physically demanding role, in all types of weather conditions;
• Ability to perform basic vehicle and equipment maintenance duties;
• Ability to operate a variety of public works maintenance equipment;
• Knowledge of the physical layout of White Rock considered an asset;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license with an air brake endorsement, or equivalent with a demonstrated safe driving record;
• Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
The hourly wage of this unionized position is $29.98 hourly (2018 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and your current driver’s abstract (obtained from ICBC) for consideration by the application deadline.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||June 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||July 8, 2018 04:30 PM