|Emergency Management Co-op Student - Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services (18-078)
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
June 22, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford is currently growing and evolving in a dynamic way. Our City Council has adopted a new, leading edge Official Community Plan, and a forwarding thinking and ambitious Strategic Plan that provide us with a blueprint for our community’s ongoing growth and prosperity. Abbotsford is an exciting and forward thinking place to be right now.
Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services is offering an exciting Co-op opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated Emergency Management Co-op student for a four- six month position for fall /winter 2018. The position will be supervised by the Assistant Fire Chief, Ron Hull, Abbotsford Fire Rescue Services Department.
This is a technical position that will focus on assisting in the development of Business Continuity and Resilient Planning for the City of Abbotsford and its business Community.
Job duties may include:
• Conducting research;
• Noting methods of implementation;
• Researching best practices;
• Identifying city departments role in developing plans.
• Good research and data collection skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Good communication skills;
• An understanding of Emergency management, Planning and Business Continuity;
• Currently attending a secondary or post-secondary related educational program full or part-time; or (ii) have attended full or part-time in the last academic year and plan to return in the next ensuing semester.
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling opportunity where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be we want to hear from you.
Closing date: June 22, 2018
||June 7, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 22, 2018 04:30 PM