|Traffic Management Coordinator
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 18, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2205 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||This is an intermediate technical positon which involves working in an office environment and in the field. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment coordinating temporary traffic management through the application of by-laws, zoning regulations and industry standards.
You will work closely with other departments, members of the construction and development industry, government bodies, event organizers and the public to coordinate the use of the road and mitigate traffic related issues resulting from the temporary use of the road.
||• Formulating and reviewing traffic management plans.
• Conducting field inspections to ensure compliance with approved permit conditions.
• Liaising with the public, other departments, senior levels of government and the development community to coordinate construction and road activities to avoid disruption of traffic and congestion.
• Considering and adhering to departmental regulations and city standards, including those of Land Development, Customer Service by-laws, Transportation Design and Construction, Utilities and Traffic Management, as well as external requirements.
• Providing direction and guidance to other staff on matters related to the work.
• Performing other job related duties as required.
||• The ability to exercise considerable independence and judgment within the framework of established guidelines.
• The ability to work collaboratively with co-workers when needed for challenging issues and when to elevate more complex issues to the Team Lead.
• The ability to make sound evidence-based decisions.
• The ability to effectively plan and prioritize workload; meet project scheduling and delivery requirements.
• Strong skills in building and maintaining relationships with other employees, contractors, and members of the public.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and spoken.
• A sound knowledge and ability to operate computer equipment and software as applied to the work performed.
• Alignment with the City of Surrey’s Core Values of Community, Service, Integrity, Innovation, and Teamwork.
• A two (2) year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in business, engineering or planning, with one year exposure to work in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record is required.
• This position involves completion of a Police Information Check.
||Please apply on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 18, 2018 08:30 AM
||June 18, 2018 04:30 PM