|Labourer 1 - Time Durated
||Village of Harrison Hot Springs
This posting closed on
May 23, 2018
at 4:00 PM
||The Village of Harrison Hot Springs is seeking a full time time-durated Labourer 1 with the Public Works Department.
Under the supervision of the Public Works Foreman the labourer in this position shall be responsible for a variety of manual tasks and duties. These tasks and duties are typically physical in nature and may require the use of small tools and equipment.
This position is suited to individuals who have interest in working in public works, including water and wastewater in an outside environment and have/or are pursuing EOCP certification.
||• Clearing weeds/brush from roadways, culverts, ditches and other public properties
• Weeding and grass cutting/mowing
• Crack and pothole filling
• Solid waste, recycling and litter pickup
• Sweeping and cleaning
• Cleaning of Village facilities
• Unloading and moving of supplies
• Replacing/installing road and traffic signs
• Painting of Village facilities and property
• Assist in the installation/repair of water lines, sewer lines, storm lines, manholes, hydrants, catch basins, valves and all appurtenances
• Other related duties as assigned
||• Minimum Grade 12 education and minimum 6 months related experience
• Preference will be given to those who demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
||• Must be physically fit and comfortable working outside in any weather conditions.
• Able to operate chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowing equipment, light trucks, jack hammers, saws, compactors and other related tools and equipment
• Promotes safety in the workplace
• Working knowledge of OH & S, WHMIS, and Worksafe BC regulations and procedures
• Good interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other members of staff
• Polite, tactful and courteous while dealing with the public
• Good health and sufficient strength, stamina and coordination to carry out associated duties in all weather conditions
• Able to understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions in English
• The assignments and responsibilities are performed under direct supervision in accordance with established routines and performance and are subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Public Works Foreman or any other person acting in this capacity
||Current wage rate is $26.41 plus 10% Cash in Lieu of benefits.
||Hours of work will consist of 37.5 hours per week with occasional overtime and flexible hours, as required. This position will be required to work shifts on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
||495 Hot Springs Road, Box 160
Harrison Hot Springs BC V0M 1K0
||May 9, 2018 08:30 AM
||May 23, 2018 04:00 PM