|Survey Technician II
||City of Abbotsford
To apply online, click
||18-079 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Regional Utilities
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford is currently offering an exciting opportunity in our Engineering and Regional Utilities Department for a Full-time Survey Technician II with a passion for customer service and teamwork.
The successful applicant will perform work involving the gathering of survey data and the preparation of engineering drawings for construction projects.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• field survey data pickup;
• the preparation of engineering drawings and developing survey layouts;
• establishing offset lines and calculating grades, elevations or cuts;
• creating digital terrain model;
• performing volume calculations;
• staking locations of various construction projects;
• reviewing completed construction work for compliance to grades; and
• compiling detailed notes and preparing as built drawings for completed projects.
The work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Geomatics and is reviewed for technical accuracy, efficiency and achievement of desired results.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
• grade 12 plus completion of a one year survey certificate from a recognized educational institution;
• post secondary courses related to Civil Engineering and Autodesk computer programs including AutoCAD, Land Desktop and CIVIL3D;
• minimum three(3) years survey and drafting experience; and
• valid BC drivers licence.
This position is unionized, C.U.P.E Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $30.01 to $35.30 per hour.
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be, please submit your application.
||April 13, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 29, 2018 04:30 PM