||Fraser Valley Regional District
||2018-27 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Planning and Development
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD is one of the fastest growing regional districts in British Columbia and accommodating the region’s anticipated growth over the next 30 years will offer both opportunities and challenges.
||We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated independent individual to fill the full-time position of Building Inspector in the Planning and Development Department of the Electoral Area Services Division.
Under the direction of the Director of Planning and Development, the incumbent performs a variety of inspection, regulatory and enforcement work of a technical nature related to the inspection of building construction, plumbing and heating installations and associated tasks requiring compliance with the Building Bylaw, B.C. Building Code and other applicable bylaws, regulations and enactments. Provide technical clarification and information to assist developers, builders, governmental agencies and the public in matters pertaining to applicable construction requirements.
||• Level Two (2) Certification from the Building Officials Association, British Columbia. Building experience or equivalent in related Building Trades, and/or graduated from an advanced construction technology program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
||• Ability to communicate effectively, and must have good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public, and with difficult clients;
• Recent experience in building inspection with extensive experience working in the construction industry;
• Sound knowledge of the Building Code and other related bylaws, acts, standards and regulations pertaining to the construction industry, and preferably, up-to-date knowledge of the decisions of the Building Code Appeal Board;
• Sound knowledge of building siting conditions including awareness of potential geotechnical hazards and soil-bearing limitations;
• Sound knowledge of accepted practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the building trades;
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications;
• Ability to prepare and present technical and non-technical written and verbal reports and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skills in conflict resolution;
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $33.01 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $38.84 per hour.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban life styles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-27 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on April 30, 2018 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
Or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||April 5, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 30, 2018 04:30 PM