|Building Inspector/Plan Checker
||Fraser Valley Regional District
||2018-26 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Planning and Development
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD is one of the fastest growing regional districts in British Columbia and accommodating the region’s anticipated growth over the next 30 years will offer both opportunities and challenges.
||We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, independent individual to fill the full-time position of Building Inspector/Plan Checker in the Planning and Development Department of the Electoral Area Services Division.
Under the direction of the Director of Planning and Development, the incumbent is responsible for Building Permit plan review and the coordination of all associated permits required to facilitate development applications. When required perform on-site inspections, checking of documentation relative to Building and Bylaw Enforcement administration and investigation, reporting and processing of bylaw infractions; and provide technical clarification and information to assist developers, builders, governmental agencies and the public in matters pertaining to applicable construction requirements.
||• Level One (1) Certification from the Building Officials Association, British Columbia. Building experience or graduated from an advanced construction technology program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
||• Ability to communicate effectively, and must have good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public, and with difficult clients;
• Recent experience in building inspection with experience working in the construction industry is preferred;
• Sound knowledge of the Building Code and other related bylaws, acts, standards and regulations pertaining to the construction industry, and preferably, up-to-date knowledge of the decisions of the Building Code Appeal Board;
• Sound understanding of building siting conditions including awareness of potential geotechnical hazards and soil-bearing limitations;
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications;
• Acquire a sound knowledge of FVRD planning legislation, Provincial statutes and regulations and local geography;
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner;
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $31.99 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $37.64 per hour. This is a new position, and therefore the wage rate is currently under review.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban life styles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-26 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on April 30, 2018 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
Or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||April 5, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 30, 2018 04:30 PM