|Labourer (up to 1 position with 18-U051) - Temporary Full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
April 10, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||18-U052 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering and Construction Services
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 123,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting up to 1 temporary full-time (from approx. April 30, 2018 to approx. December 21, 2018) Labourer to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Engineering and Construction Services Department.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the successful applicant will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of construction and utilities maintenance work.
Exercising some independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible for:
• Performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the operation, maintenance and construction.
• The work may include water, sewer, and stormwater infrastructure installation, repairs, and, maintenance.
• Acting as a pad man for backhoes, performing utility works.
• Breaking blacktop and concrete surfaces using pneumatic hammers and compressor accessories.
• Using motorized compacting machines in backfilling and grading work and independently performing the more complex work.
• Driving a pick-up truck to transport materials and tools to job sites.
• Performing other related work as required.
Your education will include completion of Grade 10, and some experience in construction and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The successful applicants will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of utilities construction and utilities maintenance work; as well as sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions. An EOCP Water Distribution Certificate would be considered an asset.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $28.00 per hour (2018 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 28, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 10, 2018 04:30 PM