|Water Conservation Seasonal Worker
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
March 30, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||18-052 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Regional Utilities
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
This is a seasonal position involved in regulatory and patrol work, ensuring compliance with the water shortage response plan and water conservation program. Other duties may include working with the solid waste department on waste audits and public education. The incumbent will be educating residents and businesses on the water system and water shortage response plan through neighborhood patrols and public events. This position entails extensive public contact, independence of action and judgement in day-to-day functions, but unusual or difficult problems are referred to a supervisor.
The water conservation staff patrols neighborhoods within the City on assigned routes, observing, recording instances of water misuse, water waste and talks with residents and leaves educational pamphlets and warning notices as necessary. The incumbent will work as a team to provide information to the public relating to water regulations and related by-laws; promotes, disseminates and acts as contact person for water conservation and solid waste initiatives; prepares and maintains reports. Performs other related work as required.
Suggested job duties:
• Coordinate, set up displays and attend events to promote water conservation and solid waste;
• Educate the public on the water system and water conservation through neighbourhood patrols;
• Use consumption data to identify customer’s water use;
• Help with filing and maintaining water and solid waste related records; and
• Prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and correspondence related to the work.
• Valid B.C. driver’s license (a satisfactory drivers abstract will be requested);
• Preferably a third or fourth year science, education or public relations student or recent graduate;
• Ability to deal and communicate tactfully and effectively with the public and to exercise sound judgment and discretion in the performance of duties;
• Preference will be given to those applicants who possess proficient computer skills with knowledge in MS Excel, and Word; and
• Familiar with the Abbotsford and Mission area.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is $16.19 per hour plus an additional 8.4% in lieu of benefits.
||March 16, 2018 08:30 AM
||March 30, 2018 04:30 PM