|Planning Assistant (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
April 6, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-21 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Planning & Development
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, equal to more than twice the size of Prince Edward Island.
||The Planning Division is responsible for both current development application processing, as well as long-range policy planning initiatives. We are looking for a positive and energetic person to fill the full-time position of Planning Assistant in the Planning Department of the Electoral Area Services Division. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Planning and Development, the Planning Assistant works as part of a team to achieve the efficient operation of the Planning Section by providing good customer service as the first contact person for the Department, and reliable administrative and technical support to the Planning staff. This position tracks a large number of documents through various processes, requiring attention to detail while working to deadlines.
||• Post-Secondary education, preferably a diploma or degree related to Planning, or comparable local government experience, plus administrative experience in Planning, Legal, Local Government or a similar environment, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
||• Working knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of standard planning, building and engineering nomenclature, and map compilation and interpretation;
• Working knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of land title and registry procedures and the administration of real property; and familiarity with folio information such as BC Assessment data and the use of a land based property information system;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear, concise and creative manner;
• Good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public, and with difficult clients;
• Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to interpret complex technical information, policies and procedures and explain them to the public.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $23.69 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $27.87 per hour.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban lifestyles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD, please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-21, and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on April 6, 2018 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||March 14, 2018 08:30 AM
||April 6, 2018 04:30 PM