|Heavy Duty/Commercial Mechanic (Tradesperson 2)
|*Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 14, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||1986 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
Awarded by the American Public Works Association and a Top BC Employer we are looking to add to our dedicated team a Heavy Duty/Commercial Mechanic. Reporting to the Fleet & Garage Manager in Engineering Operations, the incumbent will perform skilled trade tasks involving considerable physical effort and active performance in maintaining, servicing and repairing a wide variety of multiple fuel type vehicles and equipment.
• Perform a variety of tasks including maintenance and repair on a wide variety of equipment from weed eaters to dump trucks, to excavators;
• Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and vehicles to observe performance and determine cause of malfunction;
• Dismantles equipment including engines, transmissions, differentials and blocks and services equipment for repair;
• Overhauls component parts such as carburetors, generations, fuel pumps, distributors and starters;
• Interacts directly with customers and the public.
• Grade 12 or GED;
• Trades Qualification of a Commercial or Heavy Duty Mechanic;
• Experience and training as a qualified trades mechanic;
• BC Class 3 Driver’s license with air brake endorsement or out of province equivalent and a safe driving record.
• Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program certification is an asset;
• Experience performing repairs on heavy duty equipment (e.g. Backhoes, Excavators);
• Experience communicating and interacting directly with customers regarding mechanical matters.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
||Note: This position is for the afternoon shift. The hours of work are from 3:30pm to 11:30pm, Monday to Friday.
||February 14, 2018 08:30 AM
||March 14, 2018 04:30 PM