|*Please apply to Job ID 1974 on our website at www.surrey.ca/careers
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 16, 2018
at 4:30 PM
The Corporate Services Department has an opportunity for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Legislative Services Division.
• Performing from moderately difficult clerical and advanced administrative work.
• Recording of Council/Committee proceedings while acting as an assistant to various Council appointed committees.
• Preparing agendas, backup and other related correspondence.
• Providing guidance to committees regarding Council's Procedure By-Law, Roberts Rule of Order, the Local Government Act and the Community Charter.
• Drafting correspondence for the signature of the City Clerk/Mayor where the elected/appointed body interacts with the public.
• Drafting reports for the consideration and approval of the City Clerk.
• Coordinating Council packages and ensuring all relevant information is ready for pick and delivery.
• Managing workload to meet numerous deadlines, sets out priorities and demonstrates flexibility in working with changing priorities.
• Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by several courses in office or business administration.
• A minimum of 5 years office experience and knowledge of the works of a municipality including experience in a City Clerk’s department or equivalent recognized education and experience may be considered.
• An accurate typing speed of 70 WPM and a valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record are required.
||February 9, 2018 08:30 AM
||March 16, 2018 04:30 PM