|Digital Media and Communications Assistant
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
February 19, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-06 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The City of White Rock’s Administration Department, Communications and Government Relations Division, seeks an experienced and high-energy individual who will provide communications and public relations support in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Government Relations, you will participate in the design and preparation of City communications materials, assist in graphic design and concept creation of promotional materials, update and ensure functionality of the City’s website, and coordinate and assist with social media tasks. It is essential that you are able to demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment.
||• Degree or diploma in communications, marketing, graphic design or public relations plus a minimum three years’ related experience, preferably in a Municipal environment, with experience updating corporate websites and working with HTML as well as doing graphic design; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Considerable knowledge of communications principles, practices, methods, materials, techniques, objectives, and the requirements of media representatives;
• Considerable knowledge of writing techniques, graphic arts, photography, print production, and technical aspects of website maintenance, as well as of news and advertising media;
• Sound knowledge of the offset and digital print market, video editing, video software and photography as they relate to the work performed;
• Demonstrated sound knowledge of web applications, CMS, and web and digital content for social media and other digital platforms, including Adobe Creative Suite, Filmora, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Hootsuite;
||• Ability to coordinate the design, production and dissemination of marketing publications and media messages and to administer related contracts;
• Ability to develop and implement concepts and themes and to research, write, produce and disseminate a variety of promotional, informational and publicity material;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to exercise tact, judgement and discretion in obtaining and providing information;
• Ability to prioritize work load and manage concurrent projects, to work independently, to perform tasks under periodic work pressure, and to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Possess a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a demonstrated safe driving record.
||The hourly wage for this unionized position is $29.16 – $34.29 with select benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to submit a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, February 19, 2018
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2018-06
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||February 5, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 19, 2018 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Digital Media and Communications Assistant
||2018-06 Job Posting