|Planning Assistant (Time-Duration) (Full-Time Hours)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
February 26, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-10 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Fraser Valley Regional District, headquartered in Chilliwack, B.C., is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, and delivers over 100 separate services to over 295,000 residents in the beautiful Fraser Valley.
||We are looking for a positive and energetic person to fill the Time-Duration position of Planning Assistant in the Planning Department of the Electoral Area Services Division. The term of this appointment is from March 2018 to approximately March 2019. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Planning and Development, the Planning Assistant works as part of a team to achieve the efficient operation of the Planning Section by providing good customer service as the first contact person for the Department, and reliable administrative and technical support to the Planning staff. This position tracks a large number of documents through various processes, requiring attention to detail while working to deadlines.
||• Post-Secondary education, preferably a diploma or degree related to Planning, or comparable local government experience, plus administrative experience in Planning, Legal, Local Government or a similar environment, or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
||• Working knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of standard planning, building and engineering nomenclature, and map compilation and interpretation.
• Working knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of land title and registry procedures and the administration of real property; and familiarity with folio information such as BC Assessment data and the use of a land based property information system.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear, concise and creative manner.
• Experience with electronic tracking process and software.
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, and experience with publishing software.
• Good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public, and with difficult clients.
• Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to interpret complex technical information, policies and procedures and explain them to the public.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $23.69 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits. Upon successful completion of the required 840 hour probationary period the wage rate will increase to $27.87 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits.
||If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-10, and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on February 26, 2018 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||January 31, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 26, 2018 04:30 PM