|Digital Extraction Technician
|*Please apply directly on our website: www.surreycareers.ca
||City of Surrey
||1952 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The position is responsible for extracting a variety of data from computer hard drives, phones, tablets and other data storage devices. The incumbent also provides follow up and recommendations in regards to investigations and evidence, and provides related support. Work is completed under limited supervision and considerable independence of judgment and action is exercised within specified guidelines.
||In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Handling a variety of digital media related to criminal cases; investigations and evidence.
• Extracting data including but not limited to documents, photos, SMS conversations, messenger information and emails.
• Updating and maintaining a variety of forensic equipment, tools and software.
• Providing recommendations and suggestions for follow up related to investigations and evidence.
• Providing court testimony as required.
• Preparing observation reports and documents related to the work.
• Performing other job related duties as required.
||As the successful applicant, you possess the following qualifications:
• Diploma in a computer technology or related program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Minimum of two years related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
||• Successful candidate must have, and maintain, RCMP ‘Secret’ security clearance.
||Competitive salary and benefits
||13450 - 104th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 30, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 28, 2018 04:30 PM