|Accounting Clerk IV - Revenue Accounting (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
February 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-20 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation in the Finance Department through reliable performance of accounting functions, observing and complying with municipal policies and ensuring the safety and security of confidential material/matters pertaining to the Department's operation.
||The incumbent will perform a variety of clerical and accounting functions varying in degrees of complexity. Under the supervision of the Manager of Revenue Services, the incumbent will prepare various statistical and statutory claim forms; assist the Manager of Revenue Services with revenue collection issues including taxes and utilities; cash accounting including reconciliation of cash transactions from previous business day(s); reconciliation of various accounts and sub-ledgers as assigned from time to time; and other activities within the revenue and cost accounting areas. The Accounting Clerk will have a sound understanding of account reconciliation, general bookkeeping and year-end processes.
The incumbent will be required to supervise staff as assigned; planning and assigning work and reviewing same to ensure accuracy. The incumbent will be responsible for computer and accounting machines operations and providing assistance to other functions of the Finance Departments required; including providing assistance and information to the public, over the telephone and at the reception counter.
Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Manager of Revenue Services.
The incumbent in this class will normally work the standard work week of Monday to Friday within the hours specified and on occasion work overtime as authorized. The incumbent, upon hiring, will have union dues deducted from source in accordance with the Collective Agreement. The incumbent will be responsible for performing tasks associated with Accounting Clerk "housekeeping" duties.
||Must have grade 12 education supplemented by bookkeeping and commercial courses with formalized training, preferably from a recognized professional accounting association.
||- Able to plan, direct and supervise work of subordinates;
- Good knowledge of the functions, practices and procedures, bylaws, policies and regulations pertaining to the operation of the Finance Department;
- Good knowledge of the modern office practices and municipal accounting procedures and operations;
- Able to operate a variety of standard office equipment, accounting machines and computer terminals;
- Able to be polite, tactful and courteous in dealing with the public and be neat in appearance;
- Able to perform mathematical and arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy;
- Able to perform tasks with minimal supervision;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with department officials and other members of the staff.
||$28.11 - $33.07 (2018 Rates)
||8550 Young Road
||January 30, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 5, 2018 04:30 PM