|Manager, Labour Relations and Compensation
|*Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 19, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Manager, Labour Relations and Compensation will lead a team of five (5) HR professionals and provide specialized labour relations and compensation advice, service and support to City of Surrey management.
||• Provides leadership and guidance to a team of four (4) HR Generalists and one (1) Compensation Specialist;
• Develops a strategic plan for collective bargaining and leads the negotiation of collective agreements;
• Assists management in the appropriate resolution of Labour Relations related issues, grievance procedures and arbitration;
• Establishes and maintains positive and collaborative labour - management relations;
• Develops and oversees human resources corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with legislation;
• Manages compensation functions, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, and associated analysis;
• Oversees compensation programs and policies in line with legislative requirements;
• Stays informed of best practices and trends in the fields of labour relations and compensation;
• Performs other job related duties.
||• A Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of 7-10 years of related HR, labour relations and compensation experience (preferably in a public sector union environment.)
• A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is an asset.
||• Experience leading and managing a team of professional employees.
• Proven expertise and knowledge of employment law, labour law, Human Rights legislation and collective agreements.
• Excellent ability in building and enhancing strategic partnerships with managers, union and all levels of employees.
• Superb skills in negotiating, mediating, and a successful track record for resolving grievances.
• Excellent written skills in drafting contract and policy language.
• Ability to perform complex data analysis and research.
• Experience in managing HR projects, programs and developing and delivering training to managers.
• Solid verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Shared values of Community, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service.
• A Police Information Check is required.
||January 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 19, 2018 04:30 PM