|Flagger (Time Duration - Full Time) 5 Positions
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
February 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-16 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||You will assist management to achieve efficient operation of the Public Works and Underground Utilities Sections of the Operations Department through reliable performance of traffic control flagging duties observing and complying with municipal policies and practices.
||You will be required to perform all non and semi-skilled tasks associated with traffic control flagging, laying out cones and other devices to control the flow of traffic using manual tools, including shovel and broom in order to assist other workers, driving a pickup truck, load and unload trucks and equipment, garbage / debris pick up, clean streets and sidewalks, etc. and other related tasks as assigned. Assignments are performed under general supervision and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Supervisor III - Public Works and Underground Utilities.
|| - Must have grade 8 education with a minimum of two (2) years experience in the labourer force as a flagger OR an equivalent combination;
- Must have BC Flagging Certification;
- Understanding of traffic control regulations and safety requirements;
- Must be in possession of a valid B.C. Driver's Licence.
||- Able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other staff members;
- Able to recognize and rectify and/or report upon actual or potential safety hazards;
- Working knowledge of tools, equipment, procedures, principles and methods used in flagging work.
- Must be of good health to work outdoors regardless of weather.
|| $16.53 to $19.45 per hour (2018 rates)
||8550 Young Road
||January 22, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 5, 2018 04:30 PM