|Communications Assistant (Part-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
February 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-06 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures and landscapes. The FVRD covers roughly 13,900 square kilometers, equal to more than twice the size of Prince Edward Island.
||We are looking for a positive, energetic and creative person to fill the part-time position of Communications Assistant in the Communications Department. Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate Affairs the Communications Assistant will focus on providing support to the Electoral Areas which will include drafting, preparing and/or updating brochures, posters, displays, web content, presentations, facts sheets and promotional materials; assist in the maintenance of the FVRD internet and intranet sites and work with external vendors to increase functionality of both platforms; and assist in the management of the FVRD’s growing social medial channels.
||• Post-secondary education, preferably in Communications or Public Relations plus several years’ experience in local government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
||• Some experience in public outreach, and assisting in project coordination, and conducting research;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and converse with a wide range of people including technical consultants, elected officials, and the general public;
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare well written technical and administrative reports;
• Ability to work independently , exercise good judgement, and effectively handle conflicting priorities and non-routine situations;
• Proficient in the latest computer technology and programs such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The start rate for this union position is $24.37 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits. Upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage will increase to $28.67 per hour plus either 10.6% in lieu of benefits, or if eligible, participation in the benefit program.
||If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2018-06 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on February 5, 2018 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||January 17, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 5, 2018 04:30 PM