|Climate and Energy Manager (Temporary Full-Time: Jan 2018 to Sept 2020)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 5, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||1873 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development
||The City of Surrey has partnered with BC Hydro to create an exciting, legacy-building opportunity. The Climate & Energy Manager will lead a range of exciting and impactful initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy use throughout the community.
||As the Climate & Energy Manager, you will:
• Further the City’s sustainability and climate action goals;
• Focus on implementing the Community Energy & Emissions Plans;
• Formulate strategies for building energy performance, low carbon transportation and infrastructure;
• Take the lead on fostering business and resident engagement;
• Guide the City’s approach to the BC Energy Step Code;
• Play a key role in the city’s climate reporting and carbon neutral government commitments;
• Provide technical and strategic direction and guidance to staff;
• Communicate extremely well, both orally and in writing;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
||As the successful candidate, you will:
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s designation in a related field;
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered;
• Have substantive knowledge in the field of community energy and carbon management;
• Familiarity with local government is considered an asset.
||Please note that, due to the shared funding arrangement with BC Hydro, your application for this position will be shared with the BC Hydro Community Energy Manager Project contact
This is a Temporary Full-time position – January 2018 to September 2020.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 1873. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 9, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 5, 2018 04:30 PM