|Water Planning Project Engineer (Regular Full-Time)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 10, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||We are seeking a Project Engineer to provide technical and administrative assistance to the Water Section of the Utilities Division. As an integral member of the team, you will provide expertise in the planning and design of water infrastructure in addition to expertise in drinking water quality and production. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and growth, we encourage you to keep reading.
||• You will assist in delivering all projects and initiatives related to the City’s water utilities programs and initiatives.
• Drawing on your knowledge, you will conduct water infrastructure planning, coordinate and manage consultants in studies, recommend infrastructure upgrades, in addition to a variety of other technical and project management assignments within the Water Section.
• You are a big picture thinker and are able to align engineering activities to the strategic direction of the department and City.
• You have exceptional organizational skills and are able to handle multiple projects at once while performing a variety of other technical and project management assignments for the Engineering Department.
• You will use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with other internal key stakeholders, consultants, and members of the public.
• You see opportunity in challenge and bring innovative solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
• You are a team player who will work in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
||Applicants under consideration will possess the following qualifications:
• Masters or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline of Engineering.
• Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation; or eligible for registration with APEGBC
• Knowledge and/or experience with water infrastructure planning, hydraulic modelling, pump stations and PRVs is an asset.
• Directly related experience working for or with municipalities is considered a strong asset.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||January 9, 2018 08:30 AM
||February 10, 2018 04:30 PM