|Community Services Assistant 5 - Cultural Grants Program Assistant (Auxiliary)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 26, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||1905 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||We’re looking for a community-focused individual to join our team and help us cultivate a vibrant arts and heritage community in Surrey. As an auxiliary Cultural Grant Program Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the City’s Cultural Grants Program.
||Reporting to the Cultural Development Coordinator, the Cultural Grant Program Assistant will be the first point of contact for the Cultural Grants Program, and will:
• Provide guidance and support to organizations and individuals seeking to apply for the program;
• Coach and engage with grant applicants to ensure clear and complete applications are submitted for evaluation;
• Receive, review and evaluate grant applications and their supporting documents;
• Coordinate and guide the Evaluation Committee processes;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with a relevant not-for-profit organizations, community groups, arts organizations, and City departments;
• Develop and implement marketing and communications plans to promote the program;
• Ensure content about the Cultural Grants is current and accurate on surrey.ca;
• Develop and deliver the quarterly Program newsletter;
• Maintain program statistics and create reports as required.
||• If you think this position fits your education and experience, we want to hear from you! Before you apply, please ensure you meet our minimum requirements:
• A degree/diploma in arts administration or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 2 years progressively responsible administrative experience in cultural development and/or program coordination including supervision;
• Emergency First Aid Certificate and CPR or acceptable equivalent;
• Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
||Our ideal candidate is
• Highly organized, precise and has an eye for detail;
• A strategic thinker with the ability to think ahead and plan appropriately;
• Are experienced in program and project coordination and haves a proven record for ensuring projects are done on time, and within budget;
• A strong communicator who can connect with a wide variety of audiences using different mediums.
The idea candidate also:
• Possesses strong administrative skills, especially in records maintenance and reports preparation;
• Has broad knowledge of demographics and cultural diversity of Surrey’s arts and heritage community;
• Has experience working with community granting programs;
• Has thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and values of community engagement processes, artistic processes and community cultural development;
• Experienced in reviewing and assessing project budgets.
||If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 1905. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||January 8, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 26, 2018 04:30 PM