|Recreation Facility Clerk
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
January 22, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-02 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Recreation and Culture Department
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Recreation and Culture Department seeks several casual Recreation Facility Clerks to join their team on an as-needed basis. This position processes recreation program registrations and facility bookings (e.g. ice rink, halls, and parks), sets up reoccurring programs, and monitors program enrollment. Other clerking duties include preparing and maintaining office records, including correspondence, reports, minutes, flyers, and statistics, opening and closing facilities, directing the work of volunteers, and performing a variety of payment processing transactions. As a front line staff member, your exemplary customer care skills will be demonstrated in supplying information, assistance, and direction to the public and other groups and handling inquiries regarding rules, programs, and regulations. Evening and weekend work are required as part of the working hours of this position.
||• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by related coursework and sound office administration experience;
• Demonstrated proficiency with utilizing office equipment and related software; experience using MS Office programs (particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel) and registration and facility booking software (particularly CLASS) is preferred;
||• Proven record in developing and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external clients, reflecting a strong commitment to customer service; understanding user group needs;
• Ability to provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner;
• Ability to set up and remove equipment and furniture;
• Sound knowledge of cash register, and cash handling procedures and practices;
• Ability to exercise initiative in making decisions in accordance to applicable rules and policies;
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic;
• Ability to work well with others and independently;
• Must successfully pass a criminal record check.
||The hourly wage range for this unionized position is $23.88 - $27.99 with 11% in lieu of benefits.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a Recreation Facility Clerk Application Form (available on the City’s website) for consideration by the application deadline. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, January 22, 2018
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2018-02
Thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||January 8, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 22, 2018 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Recreation Facility Clerk
||2018-02 Job Posting