|Clerk-Typist 3 (Permits)
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
January 19, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-04 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development Services
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Planning and Development Services Department seeks an individual with outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills to join their team. In this role you will be primarily responsible for providing front-line customer service and administrative support to the department, including accepting and tracking permit applications, and providing information and assistance at the front counter, over the telephone and through email regarding departmental activities, regulations and procedures. Your role will include delivering customer service in a professional and courteous manner, and handling customer complaints with a considerable amount of judgement to mitigate escalation of issues to senior levels of the organization. Other job duties are maintaining a variety of departmental records, files and accounts, and performing other routine clerical tasks. The successful candidate is a self-starter, driven, highly organized, and possesses outstanding communication skills and customer service skills.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by word processing and administrative courses, preferably Microsoft Office Suite training, plus sound related experience performing reception and clerical functions; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Working knowledge of the terminology and processes related to building, zoning, bylaw, and permit and license matters;
• Sound knowledge of computer systems and software applications, including Tempest and Vadim, related to the job duties, and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a switchboard;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office with strong word processing and typing skills and the ability to use and create templates, spreadsheets and mail merges;
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic;
||• Ability to deal effectively with the public and a variety of other internal and external contacts in processing inquiries and complaints and provide a variety of factual information and related services in a professional manner; plus ability to work effectively under pressure while dealing with contentious matters and difficult customers;
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment.
• Ability to perform clerical duties with accuracy and detail and in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Ability to type a variety of material, compose routine correspondence and prepare and maintain files, records, reports and related material;
• Ability to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies;
• Ability to prioritize workloads, to work independently with minimal guidelines and supervision, and to perform tasks under periodic work pressure.
||The hourly wage for this unionized position is $45,308 – $53,252 annually with select benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Friday, January 19, 2018
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Recruitment Reference: 2018-04
Thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||January 8, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 19, 2018 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Clerk-Typist 3 (Permits)
||2018-04 Job Posting