|Airport Technician - Engineering
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
January 17, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||17-186 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Abbotsford International Airport
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
Are you interested in career that will allow you to demonstrate your high commitment to service and entrepreneurial spirit? Sky’s the limit, become an Airport Technician-Engineering with the City of Abbotsford.
In this exciting full-time role at our International Airport we are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated professional with proven skills, energy and attention to detail. This skilled position requires a high degree of technical knowledge in the day- to-day operations of a certified aerodrome.
You will be responsible for technical and administrative engineering work performed at the Abbotsford International Airport (CYXX) carrying out and assisting staff with work related to the design, planning, contract administration, and maintenance of airport infrastructure.
The successful incumbent monitors and recommends changes to Airport operations and will assists with planning, coordinating, and implementing procedures to ensure the safety and security of the Airport.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
• Grade 12 plus a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• Minimum of two years related experience inclusive of six (6) months airport experience and six (6) months engineering experience plus six (6) months supervisory experience;
• Eligibility for membership in the Association of Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of B.C;
• Valid Class 5 B.C. Drivers Licence;.
• Ability to obtain Class 3 Driver’s License, with air brake endorsement;
• Ability to obtain a Restricted Radio License (ROC-A);
• Ability to obtain or possess Airport Rescue Fire-Fighting certification – CARs 303 and CARs 323;
• Ability to obtain Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP);
• Must pass Criminal Record Check;
This position is unionized, C.U.P.E Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $32.76 per hour to $38.54 per hour (2018 rates) plus a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
If you are ready for a rewarding and fulfilling career where you will play an integral role in helping Abbotsford be the city that all other communities aspire to be, please submit your application.
||January 3, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 17, 2018 04:30 PM