|Fleet Maintenance Coordinator (Full Time)
||City of Chilliwack
This posting closed on
January 10, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2018-02 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation for the RCMP Detachment in staff supervision and by providing reliable performance in the coordination of the maintenance of RCMP fleet vehicles.
||The incumbent will coordinate the maintenance of police fleet vehicles including, but not limited to, monitoring and controlling acquisition and disposition of vehicles and related equipment; monitoring and reviewing vehicle maintenance and repairs and maintaining appropriate records; processing of invoices and ensuring payment for the work; doing minor maintenance, repairs and installations; obtaining vehicle damage estimates; arranging for transportation of existing and new vehicles, as needed, as well as transportation of damaged vehicles to/from repair site; maintaining police vehicle replacement schedule; records management function as related to police fleet vehicle maintenance; ordering and equipping new vehicles with the essential lightbars, radios and other standard safety equipment; negotiating and administering maintenance contracts; ensuring that every vehicle is kept fully stocked and is routinely maintained and inspected. The incumbent will take finger prints and also perform the duties of Exhibits Custodian in their absence, or as assigned. The incumbent will perform other related duties, as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Administration Manager.
||Preference will be given to candidates with courses in fleet maintenance or related discipline.
||- Superior knowledge of the practices and principles used in the management and maintenance of fleet vehicles;
- Must be in possession of a valid BC Driver's Licence;
- Able to perform simple mathematical computations/calculations;
- Able to be polite, courteous and tactful in dealing with the public and be neat and presentable in appearance;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with RCMP Members and other members of staff;
- Sound knowledge of the practices and principles used in the care and custody of exhibits and property;
- Able to lift heavy items;
- Able to qualify for and maintain the required security clearance for the position.
||$27.23 to $32.04 per hour
||8550 Young Road
||January 3, 2018 08:30 AM
||January 10, 2018 04:30 PM