||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 16, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||1857 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of Surrey is currently looking to add to its Environment Team an experienced Environmental Coordinator. The City of Surrey is committed to as a thriving, green and inclusive city and we are looking add an experienced Environmental Coordinator to join our team of multidisciplinary professionals! Reporting directly the Environment Manager, you will turn your attention to specialised technical and analytical work in reviewing design & construction capital projects, Water Sustainability Act change notification, and approvals associated with environmental reports to ensure compliance with bylaws, regulations and policies.
||As the Environmental Coordinator you will possess:
• expertise with environmental principles, theories, and practices and will review environmental reports and ensure compliance with bylaws, regulations, and policies;
• effective communication and public speaking skills and will respond to inquiries and concerns from the public; conduct presentations to the public, staff, and media regarding detailed plans and policies;
• excellent research and analysis skills and review data and resolve issues related to complex environmental programs;
• a strategic mindset and able to connect day-to-day operations with the mission of the City;
• leadership abilities and provide clear direction to junior-level staff as required;
• an ability work well within a team environment as you attend various environmental committees and work alongside Engineers and Environmental Technologists;
• as strong commitment to service interacting with internal and external customers and other stakeholders.
||Candidates under consideration will:
• have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• have a minimum of 5 years directly related and relevant experience
• be registered as a Professional Biologists (R.P. Bio)
• have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
||We encourage all interested applicants to apply!
The City of Surrey offers a competitive compensation package including comprehensive extended health coverage, contributions to the Municipal Pension Plan, 3 weeks' vacation, continuing education reimbursement, professional membership dues, employee wellness passes and much more. If you are looking for a career to make a difference in the community and provide quality service, we want to hear from you.
Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||December 19, 2017 08:30 AM
||January 16, 2018 04:30 PM