|Trades II Mechanic
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
January 15, 2018
at 4:30 PM
||2017-64 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Municipal Operations
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department seeks a customer oriented individual to join their team in the Trades II Mechanic role. This position reports to the Operations Manager and receives daily direction from the Garage Foreman. The Trades II Mechanic performs skilled shop and field mechanical work at the journeyman level and will maintain, overhaul, and repair a fleet of fifty vehicles (light trucks, tandem axle air brake units including fire trucks and ice resurfacers, etc.) and a variety of small equipment (chainsaws, pumps, etc.). Commercial vehicle inspections and the design and fabrication of a variety of items will also be performed.
||• Completion of the 12th grade supplemented by technical courses related to the work, a recognized trade apprenticeship, and extensive related journeyman experience with a broad variety of vehicles and equipment;
• Inter-provincial trades qualification as a Commercial Transport Mechanic and/or a Heavy-Duty Mechanic and Commercial Vehicle Inspection certification;
• Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in small equipment, automotive, and heavy duty mechanical trade;
• Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions related to the work performed;
||• Ability to perform a variety of complex, skilled mechanical and related tasks in the overhaul, repair, maintenance, and adjustment of a wide variety of equipment;
• Ability to operate and inspect a variety of vehicles and equipment;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of groups, including Departmental customers, suppliers and contractors;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement with a safe driving record.
||The annual wage for this unionized position is $76,719 with comprehensive benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and driver’s abstract. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, January 15, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017- 64
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||December 14, 2017 08:30 AM
||January 15, 2018 04:30 PM