|Recruiter (1 Year Term)
|*Please apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 20, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||It’s no secret that the City of Surrey is growing at a rapid rate. With that growth comes numerous job opportunities across the organization to serve the residents of this great City. Attracting and recruiting highly skilled employees is a top priority for us and to support this growth we are adding an Employment Specialist to our team of dedicated and passionate talent acquisition professionals. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are interested in joining a BC Top Employer, this may be a great fit for you!
These are your skills and how they will be used on the job. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
• Your customer centric approach and relationship management skills will be critical as you build and maintain valued partnerships with hiring managers, stakeholders, and provide an excellent applicant experience.
• You will use your exceptional organizational skills to coordinate full-cycle processes for high-volume recruitment.
• Your outstanding communication skills will be imperative as you conduct job interviews, reference checks, and negotiate with candidates for a wide variety of occupations.
• You will use your presentation skills to attend career fairs, events and deliver in-house information sessions.
• You are someone who thrives on working in a multidisciplinary team environment and are able to interact well with different personality types and working styles.
• You are highly accurate and have good attention to detail as you prepare offer letters and perform other administrative recruitment tasks.
• You have a solid understanding of employment law, human rights, and recruitment best practices and will provide customers with valued service and advice.
Candidates under consideration will possess the following qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or Social Sciences
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience supporting full-cycle recruitment in a high-volume environment
• Experience working with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems (e.g. PeopleSoft)
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Able to travel within Surrey to conduct interviews and meetings with customers
• Experience recruiting within a unionized environment is a strong asset
• CPHR or similar professional designation is an asset
• A Police Information Check will be required
||November 20, 2017 08:30 AM
||December 20, 2017 04:30 PM