|Junior Project Surveyor/LST
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 1, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||1793 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can help make a difference in a city of vibrant communities? This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC's top employers for six consecutive years and to contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey!
The Junior Project Surveyor works under the direction of professional Land Surveyors at a sub-professional level in the Engineering Department and within all areas of land survey service delivery provided by the Survey section. Following successful completion of the required probationary period, the Junior Project Surveyor enters into an articleship with a mentor British Columbia Land Surveyor (BCLS) for a period mutually determined by the Association of British Columbia Land Surveyors (ABCLS). The articleship period will be for approximately 12-24 months and will depend on the candidates overall training and experience. The Junior Project Surveyor will receive training of increasing responsibility during the course of the articleship which aims to prepare the candidate for successful certification as a British Columbia Land Surveyor within the ABCLS. Once certified, the Junior Project Surveyor will be able to apply for opportunities as a BCLS.
||In this position, under the supervision of a BCLS, your responsibilities will include the following:
• Performing complex surveying work
• Supervising and directing staff in obtaining data and field measurements
• Researching survey and Land Title Office records
• Performing calculations on survey data for boundary resolution
• Producing plans for Land Title Office registration and internal use
• Laying out features for construction of City utilities and other City projects
||To be considered for this position, you will be eligible for registration as a Land Surveyor-in-training (LST) with the ABCLS, and you will possess the following:
• A University degree in Geomatics Engineering, a Bachelor of Technology in Geomatics, or a two-year Diploma in Geomatics from a recognized educational institution
• Certificate of completion from the Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CBEPS) or ABCLS equivalency.
• Preferably 5 years of demonstrated civil engineering and legal survey experience
• A valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven skills in the effective direction of survey staff
• Thorough knowledge of survey computations and GNSS data processing
• Experience working with modern survey instruments, communications & computer technology
• The ability to record and maintain related survey records
• Extensive knowledge of all types of municipal survey work, both theory and practice.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||November 17, 2017 08:30 AM
||December 1, 2017 04:30 PM