|Planner I (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
November 22, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-39 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Strategic Planning & Intiatives
||The Fraser Valley Regional District is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the full-time position of Planner I in the Regional Programs Division. The department’s portfolio includes: Regional Growth Strategy, regional transit, strategic planning, economic analysis, affordable housing and homelessness, First Nations relations and other strategic areas.
||Under the direction of the Manager of Strategic Planning, the Planner I will work as part of a team responding to inquiries pertaining to statistical information, and regional growth strategy matters; supporting the planning and administration of the FVRD’s regional transit services, developing and preparing statistical reports relating to regional growth issues; assisting in the review of referrals from Provincial and other agencies; preparing correspondence, reports and responses to bylaw referrals from other jurisdictions; developing brochures and other graphic materials; and assisting in the research and preparation of planning policy documents and bylaw development.
||• A degree in planning, geography or related discipline with courses in survey techniques, GIS, map interpretation, map compilation, graphics and statistical analysis, plus two years of local government or similar experience;
||• Working knowledge of standard planning, building, and engineering nomenclature, practices and methods;
• Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint;
• Sound knowledge of GIS, graphics, and desktop publishing software and the ability to acquire sound knowledge of electronic filing software;
• Ability to read and interpret engineering, architectural and site plans and understand specifications;
• Must acquire a sound knowledge of FVRD planning legislation, Provincial Statutes and regulations and local geography;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and converse with a wide range of people including technical consultants, elected officials, staff and the general public to provide advice, make recommendations and effective presentations;
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare well written technical and administrative reports;
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with consultants, contractors, stakeholders, staff, elected officials, other government agencies, advisory bodies and the public;
• Experience in transit planning, administration, and operation will be considered an asset in this position;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $32.40 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $38.12 per hour.
||If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-39 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on November 22, 2017 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||November 7, 2017 08:30 AM
||November 22, 2017 04:30 PM