|Project Engineer - Design & Construction
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
November 30, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||1724 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are seeking a Project Engineer to provide technical and administrative assistance to our Design and Construction Division. As an integral member of the team, you will provide expertise to contribute to key projects and initiatives related to the design and construction of a wide variety of municipal infrastructure projects. If you are interested in a career that offers challenge and growth, we encourage you to keep reading.
• You will assist in delivering the City’s $80 Million Capital Program; including water, sewer and drainage utilities, district energy, and transportation improvements.
• You have exceptional organizational skills and are able to handle multiple projects at once while performing a variety of other technical and project management assignments for the Engineering Department.
• You will assist in the regular review and update of our design criteria and construction standards and you will assist in the review of existing project management processes and the development new project management processes to ensure that our projects are delivered using the latest industry standards.
• You will use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with other internal key stakeholders, consultants, contractors and members of the public.
• You will represent the City in discussions with external stakeholders including utility companies, railways and other government agencies.
• You see opportunity in challenge and bring innovative solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
• You are a team player who will work in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Masters or a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation; or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
• Project Management education or experience; a PMP designation is desirable.
• Dispute Resolution education or experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of civil engineering design and construction.
• Directly related experience working for or with municipalities is considered a strong asset.
• A valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required.
||October 6, 2017 08:30 AM
||November 30, 2017 04:30 PM