|Bylaw Enforcement Officer
||City of Surrey
||1685 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Revolutionizing the community partnership and service delivery model in the area of Bylaw and Licensing Service, the City of Surrey is seeking a customer-focused Bylaw Enforcement Officer (BLEO) interested in career growth opportunities and the ability to influence positive changes in our community.
||With broad experience and demonstrated leadership skills in the areas of law enforcement, security and customer service, as the successful candidate you will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interpret, explain, and attain compliance with the City’s bylaws, policies and regulations.
Dedicated to community engagement and relationship building, you will report directly to the Manager of Bylaw Enforcement in a supportive, team-based environment and are primarily responsible for:
• Responding to inquiries and highly sensitive complaints from members of the public, as well as all levels of staff and other key stakeholders
• Performing a variety of inspections and regulatory investigational work involving the enforcement of City bylaws
• Recommending legal action and gathering sufficient evidence to support charges
• Processing bylaw violations and attending court to present evidence
• Providing high-level customer service and dealing with confrontational matters with tact and diplomacy
• Providing guidance and mentorship to junior staff
||In alignment with the City of Surrey’s core values (teamwork, community, innovation, integrity and service), as the successful candidate you will have the following qualifications:
• A relevant diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
• By-Law Compliance, Enforcement, and Investigative Skills Level1 or equivalent
• Minimum 4 full-time years related or field investigative experience
• Familiarity with the Rules of Evidence
• The ability to pass a Police Information Check (PIC)
• A valid and unrestricted driver's license with a safe driving record
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Directly related municipal experience is an asset.
||Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||September 27, 2017 08:30 AM
||October 31, 2017 04:30 PM