|Aquatic Leadership & First Aid Instructor (Auxiliary)
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 30, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||1675 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for program instructors to lead Aquatics Leadership and First Aid classes that will have a direct impact in shaping our future lifeguards.
||As an Aquatics Leadership and First Aid program instructor, you’ll provide fun and interactive program instruction in Surrey’s indoor pools, and ensure our visitors can enjoy our facilities in a safe and comfortable environment.
You will be teaching aquatic leadership and first aid courses (dependant on the certification you hold) to youth and adults in various City facilities, and be:
• Sharing your knowledge and passion about water safety
• Providing an engaging and active learning environment for your students
• Providing great customer service to all patrons in our City facilities
• Inspiring others to become lifeguards
Successful candidates will be required to complete a Police Information Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
||We’re looking for upbeat, responsible individuals with a passion for sharing water safety and first aid knowledge and skills. Successful candidates are customer service focused with excellent leadership and organizational skills. They must be able to work evenings and weekends, and teach classes in a variety of City of Surrey facilities.
They also have experience and enjoy teaching adults and youth, and hold one or more of the following awards:
• Red Cross or Lifesaving Society First Aid Instructor
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
• Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Instructor
• Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard Recert Conductor
• Lifesaving Society Lifesaving Instructor Trainer
This is an incredible opportunity to work for one of BC’s top employers and contribute to the exciting evolution of the City of Surrey! If you enjoy teaching, are skilled at building relationships with candidates; have strong and clear communication skills and a passion for water safety, we want to hear from you.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||September 8, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 30, 2017 04:30 PM