|Network Analyst III (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
September 18, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-34 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||E9-1-1 and Information Technology
||We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and independent individual who has strong technical abilities to fill the full-time positon of Network Analyst III.
||Under the direction of the Manager of E9-1-1 and Information Technology, you will perform skilled technical work by implementing and proactively maintaining the network and server infrastructure, which include complex tasks related to sustaining the performance and security of the server and network infrastructure; creating and maintaining documentation related to the management of servers; analyzing and solving various system problems; coordinating work and providing leadership to other Information Technology staff in a proactive manner; and contributing to the strategic vision for Information Technology at the FVRD. The main focus of this position will be related to server and network management, best practice network security, back up and disaster recovery technologies and virtualization.
||• Completion of a recognized post-secondary program in Information Technology with one or more industry standard certifications plus a minimum of five years directly related work experience, including network management and network security;
||• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and/or VMware Virtualization, Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2016, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2016, Power Shell scripts and queries;
• Advanced knowledge of local and wide area network technologies, standards and protocols, including the ability to design, configure and troubleshoot complex network routing;
• Advanced network security knowledge with Cisco and/or Fortinet security appliance, HP switches and familiarity with the SANS institute 20 critical controls for network security or similar best practice;
• Considerable knowledge of SAN and flash storage arrays with NetApp, Nimble or Dell appliance;
• Considerable knowledge of backup and disaster recovery technologies such as Veeam and VMware Site Recovery Manager;
• Ability to maintain peak overall systems performance through system monitoring and analysis, performance turning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and networks;
• Ability to install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, and storage, to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
||Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $40.05 per hour. This is a new senior position within the IT Department, and therefore the wage rate is currently under review.
||The FVRD offers a great place to work and live with a mix of rural and urban life styles along with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities. For more information about the FVRD please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2017-34 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on September 18, 2017 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||August 31, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 18, 2017 04:30 PM