|Assistant Chief - Fire Services
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 11, 2017
at 12:00 PM
||1649 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Surrey Fire Services
||Are you looking for an opportunity to work for one of the most progressive leaders in public safety in Canada? The Surrey Fire Service is currently recruiting for an Assistant Chief Operations that will be responsible for oversight of two suppression platoons. Reporting to the Deputy Chief and Fire Chief, the successful incumbent will play a key role in managing the day to day operations of one of the fastest growing cities in Canada. If you are interested in a career with incredible potential for professional and personal growth we encourage you to keep reading.
||• You will use your leadership and supervisory skills to oversee two platoons of suppression staff.
• Current operational needs provide for a schedule which follows a 4 day on and 4 day off pattern.
• You will use your knowledge and significant fire ground operational experience to provide expertise into managing the operational systems/policies used by the Fire Service.
• Your excellent ability to communicate and persuade will be critical as you interact with Firefighters, Fire Officers, Administration Team, key stakeholders and other agencies.
• You are able to think and strategically plan using an evidence-based decision making process.
• You are a strategic thinker and have the ability to understand how decisions impact the current operations and into the future.
• As the Assistant Chief of Operations you will be responsible for data quality assurance, attendance management, performance metrics of suppression staff, daily/weekly coverage as the on call duty chief for policy administration. Other administration related duties include utilizing; record management systems, time management software and business intelligence software, to collect & analyze data.
• Your effective time management and organization skills will be critical as you deliver on your objectives within demanding timelines and quickly adjust to changes in areas of focus.
||• Grade 12 and Fire Officer 1 certification as a minimum.
• A Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or other related education is considered an asset.
• Minimum of 15 years’ of directly related experience in the fire services
• Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is considered a strong asset.
• A valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and a safe driving record are required.
||This posting is closing on Monday September 11th, 2017 at noon.
Please apply online to www.surreycareers.ca
||August 30, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 11, 2017 12:00 PM