|*Please apply at SurreyCareers.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
September 26, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||1557 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Heritage Services Division provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment. We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic new graduate for an internship position as Assistant Archivist. The Assistant Archivist will assist in acquisition, arrangement and description, reference services, outreach initiatives, programming, and preservation tasks. This position requires availability Tuesday to Saturday.
||The Assistant Archivist will:
• Process, digitize, arrange and describe collections containing textual, photographic and other assorted record formats;
• Enter all archival descriptions in to the Archives’ database, increasing the resources available to the public in the Archives Reference Room and online through SAMOA (Surrey Archives and Museums Online Access);
• Undertake a role in acquisition decisions, outreach events, public programming, preservation monitoring, and reference services.
||The successful candidate will be selected based on their education, experience and skills related to the job as well as:
• A valid driver’s license, with a safe driving history;
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates (or acceptable equivalent);
• Completion of a Masters of Archival Studies or a Masters of Library and Information Studies degree is desirable;
• Work experience within a cultural heritage facility is favorable, along with training and experience in archival description.
||As per the Young Canada Works requirements, candidates must have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution within the last 24 months.
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Funded in part through Heritage Canada’s Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage, applicants need to meet specific eligibility requirements including: be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment, are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, and will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with this position. To find out more, visit: http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459878161086. This is an auxiliary, union position.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||August 29, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 26, 2017 04:30 PM