|Facility Maintenance Technician II
||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
September 1, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||17-111 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation & Culture
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford currently has an exciting Part Time opportunity for Facility Maintenance Technician IIs in our Parks, Recreation and Culture Department.
This position performs technical, building service, custodial and maintenance work which may vary according to recreation facility activities and requirements.
The incumbent is responsible for:
• pool maintenance and water chemistry;
• installing and maintaining ice;
• operating related equipment;
• performing minor maintenance and repair of machines, pumps and filters;
• performing minor construction, renovation and maintenance of recreation buildings;
• ensuring building security along with performing custodial functions for the ice arena, swimming pool, public and multi-purpose areas.
The successful candidate participates in activities related to special events and program activities; provides assistance to user groups and other organizations using recreation facilities; and ensures security measures are implemented and conforms to facility rules and regulations. If you are a team player with considerable knowledge of the applicable hazards and safety precautions, including procedures for handling chlorine, ammonia and cleaning agents used in City recreation facilities, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position, you must have:
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by basic carpentry courses.
• Two years of experience in the operation and maintenance of ice-making equipment and refrigeration and pool filtration systems, or equivalent.
• Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s Licence
• Refrigeration Plant Operator Certificate or BC equivalent
• BCRPA Level I and Level II Pool Operator’s Certificates
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and a fully qualified applicant hourly rate of pay is from $25.23 to $29.69 per hour (2015 rates) plus a percentage in lieu of benefits.
The closing date for this posting is September 1, 2017
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, we want to hear from you!
||August 17, 2017 08:30 AM
||September 1, 2017 04:30 PM