||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
August 28, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-47 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||Reporting to the Manager, Parks, this is an administrative and technical role related to the City’s arboricultural policies, by-laws, practices and procedures. This position will be focused on the review of applications for, approving/disapproving, and administering permits to perform tree related work on private property, roadways, lanes, and boulevards. As the Tree Bylaw team specialist, you will work with the Planning and Development Services Department, Engineering & Municipal Operations Department and other City Departments. This position also receives and responds to complaints from the public regarding a variety of tree related matters such as fallen trees, broken or hazardous tree limbs, view obstructions, or root or limb encroachment onto private property; meets with complainants to discuss possible solutions. The Arboricultural Technician exercises considerable independence of judgment and action in technical areas of the work.
||• Graduation from a diploma program related to arboriculture, plus sound related experience management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Certification as an Arborist with ISA;
• Considerable knowledge of arboricultural principles, practices and procedures and of tree species, diseases, pests and treatment methods;
• Sound knowledge of the City’s policies, by-laws and departmental rules, regulations and procedures applicable to the work;
• Strong conflict management capabilities with an ability to respond to complaints, to identify the nature of tree related problems, and to initiate action to resolve same;
||• Ability to effectively communicate viewpoints and recommendations orally and in writing and to prepare reports related to a variety of urban tree issues, concerns, practices and procedures;
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with City staff and to deal courteously and tactfully with the general public and developers;
• Ability to perform assigned duties under minimal supervision;
• Ability to prepare and maintain records and files related to the work manually or using a computer terminal;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC Driver's License or equivalent with an acceptable driving record.
||The annual wage range of this unionized position is $56,611 - $66,655 with select benefits offered.
||If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, copies of certificates, and a current Driver’s Abstract. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, August 28, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Competition Number: 2017-47
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||August 15, 2017 08:30 AM
||August 28, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Arboricultural Technician
||2017-47 Job Posting