|Bylaw Enforcement Officer
||City of White Rock
This posting closed on
August 28, 2017
at 4:30 PM
||2017-41 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Planning and Development Services
||The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
||Reporting to the Manager, Building and Bylaw Enforcement, the Bylaw Enforcement Officer is responsible for conducting inspections, investigating and processing complaints, enforcing a broad range of City bylaws and regulations and preparing evidence for Court related to the prosecution of offenders. Customer relation and conflict management skills form key components of the position requiring that the Bylaw Enforcement Officer interprets bylaws, regulations and applicable rules to the public. The work also involves enforcing the animal control bylaw and dog licensing regulations, including apprehending, transporting, and temporary care of stray, injured or aggressive animals.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses related to the work including Bylaw Compliance and Enforcement and Investigative Skills Level 1 plus three years’ related regulatory or enforcement experience dealing with the public; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Completion of Animal Control training preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of the regulations and bylaws related to municipal operations, including unsightly premises, sign, parking and animal control;
• Sound knowledge of court procedures and the legality of evidence and the requirements for documenting and presenting evidence as they relate to work;;
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and conflict management skills
||• Ability to interpret and professionally explain bylaws and regulations, to investigate complaints with tact, impartiality and firmness;
• Ability to use sound judgment and make discretionary decisions;
• Ability to prepare correspondence, reports and records related to work;
• Proficiency in the use of computer software including Microsoft Office;
• Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driving record;
• Ability to successfully pass a police information check.
||The annual wage range of this position is $52,209 - $61,395 with comprehensive benefits offered.
||This position works a non-standard work week including evening and/or weekend shifts. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a current driver’s abstract. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 4:30p.m., Monday, August 28, 2017
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers
Subject Line: 2017-41
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Please note: This new position is posted “Under Review” meaning that a follow-up review with be conducted with the incumbent to ensure the duties and valuation levels are appropriately captured.
||City of White Rock
15322 Buena Vista Ave
White Rock, BC V4B 1Y6
||August 15, 2017 08:30 AM
||August 28, 2017 04:30 PM
|Attachments for Bylaw Enforcement Officer
||2017-41 Job Posting